About the Client Application¶
The JetStream Client provides a graphical interface to interact with JetStream servers.
Things you can do with the client:
- Create and manage credentials used to log into JetStream servers. See Locations.
- Connect to and browse the file systems of remote servers. See Send & Receive.
- Upload and download files. See Preparing Files for Transfer
- Share files with other people. See Sharing Files, Shared Links Manager.
- Manage transfers, view logs and performance stats. See Transfer Manager, Transfer Details
- Set up email notifications for when transfers finish. See Notifications, Notification Email
The JetStream Client contains an embedded server which is used to connect to remote licensed JetStream servers in order to upload and download files.
It is also possible to use the Client to transfer files between two remote JetStream servers. In this case, the embedded server is not used.